ShopStyle… Check. Style.com… Check. ChicFeed… Check. Yes, my iPhone is flooded with fashion’s most popular apps. But while many of them can offer you a wealth of information and inspiration, very few actually put money in the bank. Cue my new virtual bff – Poshmark.
Poshmark allows you to buy, sell, and trade women’s clothing, shoes, and accessories right from your mobile device. I consider myself pretty techy and while the app is still in beta, I consider it to be extremely user friendly! Check why I elle oh vee eee this newbie virtual fashion soirée:
1. It’s easy as pie – Do it all right from your phone in less than a minute. Take the pics, write a description, set the price and post! I’ve been poshmarking for just a few weeks and have made over $100 on oldies but goodies I never wear!
2. Poshmark takes a mere 20% of the total price your item sells for! Way better than the traditional 50/50 in consignment stores where you’re not in control of pricing or how your items are displayed.
3. They encourage Poshmarkers to sell current trends by having Poshmark Parties. These fashion fiestas are usually at 10pm EST and are themed by trend i.e. neons, animal prints, stripes and sequins, platforms and pumps, etc. So you can be sure to find the latest trends for less!
4. Get paid FAST – just hook up your bank account info and VOILA! Request the direct transfer to your bank account with no fees or have them send you a check!
5. I snagged brand new Loeffler Randall rain booties currently available for $180 on the designer’s site for $50 bones. Take that! Thanks @mcnubbin <3.